Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Craft Brews, Mutiara Damansara (revisited).

Just the other day - we headed to Craft Brews for some nice Hoegaarden on tap - mind you, not many places do Hoegaarden on tap - this is one of the places that I know. The other - would be Tom, Dick & Harry's at TTDI. Anyways, I was gonna meet a college friend there - so I thought, might as well eat there too.

Hoegaarden on tap.
Happy hour rates - RM69 for 3 pints. I personally think thats a very good bargain; like how my friend Suzi would call it... "DAMN VALUEEEE!!!!!"

The Bacon and Batter.
At RM15 per portion - this is definitely the BEST dish I've tried at Craft Brews. If you know me - then you would know of my love for Sushi Tei's fried chicken skin. This deep fried bacon in batter - is MUCH BETTER than the fried chicken skin!!! PLUS - its PORK!

The Deep Fried Eggplant Chips.
We discovered this particular dish during the Craft Brews launch months ago. Back then, we loved it so much until we ordered a side dish after the buffet was finished. At RM12, this particular appetizer dish has been a 'definite' order for me - every time I come here (4 times already) - I will surely order this dish.

The Crispy Bacon Streaks.
Decided to try out something *new* and different - so we came across this crispy bacon streaks. I would say - if you like bacon as much as I do, you'll love this dish too! I know I'm beginning to sound the same for all the dishes so far - but its true! These few pork dishes are really very good!!! This dish is priced at RM14 per portion.

This is the Caramelized Roast Pork II.
There's the 1st version - which is the one sauteed with garlic. The one we ordered - is the 2nd version. This one is slightly spicy, but it absorbs a lot more taste (and also fats + oil) than the 1st version. Craft Brews' version of the Caramelized Roast Pork is definitely comparable to Vintry's (Medan Damansara) version. This is priced at RM16 per portion. All in - the 4 of us had the above appetizers + one pasta which I forgot to take picture. You'll be surprised that the portions are actually very sizeable.

Craft Brews is brought in by its mysterious founder, who simply wants to be described as a “hardcore beer lover who wants to introduce Malaysians to an entirely different range of unfiltered beer, as God intended”.

Craft Brews,
G3 Podium, Ground Floor,
Menara Batu Kawan,
1 Jalan PJU 7/6, Mutiara Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya.

Reservations: Not required
Set Meals: No
Use of MSG: Maybe
Outdoor Section: Yes
Smoking Section: Yes
Pet Friendly: Yes, obedient dogs only
Baby Chairs: Yes
Separate Bar: Yes
Car Valet: No
Private Rooms: No
Credit Cards: Mastercard/Visa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More