Monday, May 24, 2010

Ah Yat Abalone Forum.

Awhile back, on one of the boring boring Sundays, I brought the gf and a couple of other friends to these place very close to my office. Its located at Section 13 - next to Unique Seafood Restaurant and on the same row as Celcom and Tan Chong Motors.

The place - was called Ah Yat Pao Yu or rather, Ah Yat Abalone Forum. (not taken from Ah Yat of jenkinyat.com ya)

Delicious char siew pao...
Not many places does char siew pao like they do; apart from Restoran Kee Heong in Taman Megah (the one that's the coffee shop style), I think Ah Yat's char siew pao ranks amongst the top 5 char siew paos that I have ever had. It was good, the meat was succulent, and it was pretty filled up - unlike some places which is more flour than meat.

Char Siew...
The char siew would never ever be compared to those that I've tried at Sanbanto or Seremban Favourites - but I just ordered it for the taste lor.. Plus, char siew is served pretty fast =)

The awesome lao sar pao.
Sink your teeth into the middle of the pao and you'll get all the paste oozing out... just the way I like it!!!

Siew mai.
I would say this was above average - but I have had a lot of better ones. But when you are hungry, these tastes just as good as anywhere.

The delicious aromatic duck - or heong sou arp
Take the skin, and then they cook the meat differently. I opted for the duck meat noodles - which was fair. The skin though - was just plain too good. If I had a choice, I would order this everytime I am there. =D

The other stuffs - some popiah thingy, salad prawns, loh bak kou and the duck noodles.
Had to eat some other stuffs as well lor horr apart from the above goodies.. these were not too bad I guess - above average to say the least. All in - the meal for the 5 of us came to about RM180. Hehe nevermind - it was my treat mar... =)

Ah Yat Abalone Forum Restaurant
Lot 9B, Jalan Kemajuan
Section 13
Petaling Jaya
03-79604988/79604288

Reservations: Technically no need, but perhaps during the weekend...
Set Meals: those Chinese package for 10 pax wan lorr...
Use of MSG: Maybe lor...
Outdoor Section: Nope =)
Smoking Section: Yes.
Pet Friendly: Highly unlikely.
Baby Chairs: Yes.
Separate Bar: No.
Car Valet: Yes.
Private Rooms: VIP rooms!!!
Credit Cards: Yes of course!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More