Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Oriental Pavilion, Jaya 33.

There's one place that is strategically close to my office - and it serves some really good food. It is of course, this Chinese restaurant called Oriental Pavilion, situated on the 1st floor of Jaya 33. This restaurant is part of the famous Oriental Group of Restaurants - which includes places like Noble House in Jalan Delima, Ming Room at BSC as well as the Shark Fin House at Imbi.

This time at Oriental Pavilion - I decided to bring my friend who just came back from Bali to head over there. I think she probably misses some good Chinese food =)

Roast pork, or siew yoke.
It may not be as good as the one at Jalan Nyonya in Kuala Lumpur - but it ranks very high in comparison to the rest that I have tried. In fact, for restaurant siew yokes - Oriental Pavilion Jaya33 does it very well and almost perfect.

Delicious char siew.
Once again, I'm ordering char siew. The char siew here would be 100 times better than the one at Ah Yat Abalone Forum or in fact, even better than that. Still not as good as the ones at Sanbanto - but its still very very good. I would order it everytime! =P

Crispy aromatic duck.
Yes I know - I'm eating the same stuffs again. What to do - I just love my roast duck. Hahaha. I think the crispy aromatic duck here is not as good as Ah Yat's - the skin is kinda dry and the taste just lacks a bit.

While the crispy aromatic duck cannot compare to the ones at Ah Yat, the noodles that they did with the remaining duck meat was just super awesome!!! Its like 'kon chau' (dry fried) and the taste and freshness of the duck just came out perfect. Just how I like it! 8/10!

Oriental Pavilion
Jaya 33 P1-04
Jalan Semangat
46100 Petaling Jaya
03-7956-9288

Reservations: Better reserve for weekends.
Set Meals: those Chinese package for 10 pax wan lorr...
Use of MSG: Should be...
Outdoor Section: Nope =)
Smoking Section: Yes.
Pet Friendly: Unlikely.
Baby Chairs: Yes.
Separate Bar: No.
Car Valet: Yes.
Private Rooms: VIP rooms!!!
Credit Cards: Yes of course!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More