Monday, June 7, 2010

Chicken Rice Ball, Jonker Walk, Melaka.

Few weeks back, I headed down to Melaka with my parents to check out on some work/project. Being a rare occasion down in Melaka town, I insisted that we go for the super chicken rice ball for lunch. After all - how often we go down to Melaka?

There are two main shops around here.
One of them is the one above - packed with people; and queue was pretty long. Ridiculous lor. I am not going to queue in the hot sun for some chicken rice. =P

Hence - we headed to the 2nd shop.
The 2nd shop is just minutes walk away from that famous one. The 2nd one looked much better; I think they renovated recently. Oh - by the way, the street where the chicken rice place is, is called Jonker Walk.

There are one or two other chicken rice ball shops in between - but those are not the good ones. This one here is!!!
Their specialty is of course - the Hainanese Chicken Rice balls and their Assam fish.

The chicken was soft, tender and juicy. Just how I like it! =P

The order for the three of us.
Dad eats plenty of vegetable - and that plate was practically his. We ordered the assam fish as well - and of course, the chicken rice balls. *EDITED*

I didnt count how many chicken rice balls I had - but I think I had quite a lot.

Ahhh... satisfying a 2 year craving. Havent been to Melaka in 2 years already; somehow I feel like going there again soon. =P

Reservations: Not allowed, so may have to wait.
Set Meals: Nope.
Use of MSG: Do they put that in chicken rice???
Outdoor Section: No. Unless you count the central atrium.
Smoking Section: Didnt noticed.
Pet Friendly: The place is halal - maybe not.
Baby Chairs: Didnt noticed.
Separate Bar: No.
Car Valet: No.
Private Rooms: No.
Credit Cards: No.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More