Thursday, June 17, 2010

El Meson, Bangsar.

On my birthday this year - I decided to take up Bangsarbabe's recommendation - and check out this place so close to my home - called El Meson in Bangsar. It was really funny - the moment I got there, I didnt know what to order. Hence, I called up BangsarBabe - and then she just said, "Come, pass the phone to the waiter..." - Knowing how she orders, I decided to decline that bit - afraid that she might just over order.. hehehe... =)

Awesome pigs in a blanket.
Take a pork sausage - wrap it in a piece of pork bacon. You can never go wrong with it. 9/10.

Forgotten what its called - but its like the roast suckling pig.
If you compare it to the Chinese style - I would say the Chinese style is nicer - and less oily than this. But compare this to another roast piglet that I had before at El Cerdo, this one is thumbs up. Overall, this makes an above average 7/10.

I personally think that the soup was just overrated. LOL =)

The pork burger.
The portions were amazingly huge - it could easily feed 2 little ladies anytime. But to me - I gladly finished it. LOL =) The pork burger was much better than a few other places that I have tried previously - this one is pretty crunchy, and best part is - it was not that oily. Together with some melted cheese and the pork bacon - the pork burger was a close 9/10.

BangsarBabe specifically told me to order this - the chocolate molten lava cake. I never regretted ordering it - in fact, it was so rich in chocolate, that I almost immediately had a sore throat right after eating it. =P This is a very good 8.5/10.

Overall, I enjoyed the ambience and most of the food there. Thank you Bangsarbabe for the recommendations!!!

El Meson espanol
No. 61-63,
Jalan Telawi 3,
Bangsar Baru
03 22828290


Reservations: Not required...
Set Meals: Lunchtime perhaps?
Use of MSG: Should be.
Outdoor Section: Corridor type...
Smoking Section: Yes.
Pet Friendly: Havent asked yet, maybe can =)
Baby Chairs: Should have.
Separate Bar: Yes.
Car Valet: Yes - Bangsar Village 2 valet lorr...
Private Rooms: No.
Credit Cards: Yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More