Monday, December 20, 2010

Rogers Delight, Kota Damansara.

If you have been to Kota Damansara - I believe you would know that there are perhaps hundred of different restaurants in the area. I usually cant make up my mind of what to eat - and I end up eating the same stuffs over and over again. One place that I go to quite often is the Restoran Super Kitchen for the chili pan mee.

Recently, Ah Bok brought me to a new place in the area. He told me it was kinda like nyonya food. I love all kinds of food - so when he told me about it - I jumped in delight and agreed to join him immediately. I trust Ah Bok's taste quite a lot - especially when I found Klang Valley's best fried chicken through his blog.

Spot the neon sign outside the shop. =P

Restoran Rogers Delight - opposite the famous Hokkaido bread shop.

The place has a nice homey atmosphere, with some simple looking floor tiles, and nice black timber tables and chairs. The perfect place to bring a whole family to for a good dinner or lunch.

When I got there, the first thing I ordered was my drink - and for the night, I ordered the sar lei shuen mui - or umbra sour plum in English (I think). If you like the umbra juice, you'll love the ones here.

The dinner started off with some vegetables.

Lady's fingers to be exact - with some nice secret sambal sauce on top. Mmm...

The special curry duck with yam - their signature dish.

I loved this dish a lot. I've never tasted duck in curry - but this just opened my desires...

The fish curry that we ordered.

Then we also had this one - yet another signature dish of theirs. Prawns in pineapple...

Bet you've never tried that before!!!

Then we had the pan fried prawns with assam....

The aroma was pretty strong, it was almost like having assam laksa, but with prawns AND without the laksa LOL =)

This tofu dish was not on the menu - since it was Taufulou Ah Bok who ordered the dishes, we made sure we had this dish as well =)

More prawns!!! Coconut curry prawns... yet another awesome dish!!!

Then came my personal favourite...

THE SALTED EGG CRABS!!! Yummmyyyy...

One more closeup picture - this one to kacau Cai Lin wan... I bet you that she'll love this for sure!!!

Oooo.... and then, whats this?

A refreshing dessert to cool us all down after a heavy meal.

Rogers Delight,
No. 32A1, Jalan PJU 5/10,
Dataran Sunway,
Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 016 326 3083 (Roger Chong)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More