Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kedai Makanan Seng Huat Bak Kut Teh, Klang.


This was part of the awesome foodylicious weekend. Summary and other blogposts here.

I have heard of this place for many many years already. In fact, back when I was in college, I used to have a lot of classmates from Klang - and they used to tell me about the famous 'qiao-dee' or under-the-bridge restaurant. However, I never got to try it though. Always didnt have the time, didnt have the right company and so on...

I had organized a little food gathering extravaganza - 3 meals for under RM100 in Klang over Twitter, and then I brought this whole bunch here to check it out.

Kedai Makanan Seng Huat. It is exactly next to the 2nd bridge - hence the nickname.

As we got there, we had to entertain ourselves with some yau char kueh first, as it was pretty packed and we had to wait for our bak kut teh. Thankfully Thomas was there earlier to book the tables first... *woots*

The typical bak kut teh joints - with the hot 'kettle' for your Chinese tea.

We had an awesome group of 21 people that came for the bak kut teh. A pretty good response since it was like 8am in the morning... they included Becky, Kevin, Jac, Angel, Sherwyn, Mike, Evelyn, Victor, Jo, Dennis, Patchay, Chin Ann, Charlie, Michelle, Jeremy and of course... Botakai!!!

White rice... =)

The bak kut teh was served as individual bowls for each customer. The meat was very tender, and the soup was pretty herbal I would say. This would be one of the better bak kut teh places in Klang that I have tried - but I would say I have had a lot of better ones elsewhere. I believe this could be a result of over-commercialization already; when the shop gets too famous, standards tend to drop...

21 bowls for the 21 of us. All served individually. So no fights lorrr...

The taufu pok was rather ordinary though.

The group that came - not all in the group photo though.

Kedai Makanan Seng Huat
GPS Coordinate : N3 02.612 E101 26.895
No.9, Jalan Besar, Klang, Selangor.
Contact No : 03-3371 2652

Reservations: Nope, but get someone nice to book the table for you ahaha...
Set Meals: They come in individual bowls...
Use of MSG: Dont think so.
Outdoor Section: Whole place is considered outdoor lah...
Smoking Section: Its a bak kut teh joint... smoke anywhere u want.
Pet Friendly: Dont know, but they probably wont mind.
Baby Chairs: Didnt noticed.
Separate Bar: Nope.
Car Valet: Nope, park at the road side.
Private Rooms: Nope.
Credit Cards: Didnt noticed though.

Will I return again? I would return for the ambience really. The food was alright only lor. But for that price, I think it was pretty cheap and worth it lor. Dont wanna complain too much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More